we are delighted to announce the display of bpr architects’ new london overground station design idiom at the 'transport by design' festival on regent street, sunday 3rd July.
london's iconic regent street will be transformed into a spectacular display of transport designs during a free festival presented by transport for london (tfl) and london transport museum.
the 'transport by design' festival will celebrate the designs that have kept london on the move from victorian times to the present, and will give you a peek at what might come in the future.
the festival will stretch all the way from piccadilly circus to oxford circus tube stations and run from 12:00 to 18:00. here's what's on the street:
· heritage vehicles - buses, taxis and a tube carriage
· london by design - an exhibition of maps, signs and posters
· kids zone - an exciting space for young children to play in
· moquette land - a showcase of our iconic seating fabric
· modern vehicles - see how we design the buses, tubes and taxis of today
· cycle zone - explore ways to cycle in london
· tfl 2040 - artists sketch the transport of the future. come with your ideas!
· the ticketing revolution - discover the design behind oyster and contactless
· a sensory cinema - experience the future of our trains and stations
· virtual reality headsets - try out a virtual reality headset and see how london could look in the future
· transport in the digital age - talks from our leading technology partners on the future of digital design in transport
· london transport museum shop - buy gifts inspired by our design Icons
· and much more!
come and join us.