RSSB has signed contracts with Altius and Capita to provide enhancements to RISQS, the GB railway’s supplier pre-qualification scheme. bpr architects are an audited member of the RISQS accreditation scheme.
Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS) is used by Network Rail, London
Underground and over 100 other buyers with over 4,000 supplier members
throughout the GB rail industry.
VA Ltd has been awarded the contract to provide IT, verification and management
services for RISQS, and Capita plc has been selected to deliver audit services.
Work has already started to prepare for the transition before the new
arrangements begin in May 2018.
The evolution of the RISQS scheme from its current status as a concession to two contracts, managed by RSSB on behalf of the industry, will deliver enhanced benefits to all members of the scheme. Working with RSSB the new contractors will evolve RISQS by:
· Introducing a new easy to use platform with more functionality to replace the current IT system
· Improving cost effectiveness to make RISQS fairer, more transparent and provide better value for money
· Working with RSG (Rail Supply Group), RDG (Rail Delivery Group) and other key industry bodies to identify ways RISQS could be a platform to promote UK rail expertise post-Brexit
· Introducing the ability to access data in the scheme for industry learning
· Providing the ability to integrate with buyer systems
· Responding more quickly to changes in industry requirements.
more information on the RISQS scheme please see http://www.risqs.org/