having entered our second year as an employee owned practice, this year’s agm was particularly significant to us. we took the opportunity to not only feedback to our team on the financial status and performance of the practice over the past year, but also to discuss important future strategy as determined by our management groups. these groups are a vital ingredient in instilling the spirit of employee ownership across the entire bpr practice.
each bpr employee can elect which group they are members of and this is rotated annually.
groups and the key outcomes for this year are:
· premises – we continue to reside at the boathouse in putney – this is a privileged position - where we all get to appreciate the thames – its power and its beauty in the changing seasons – it never ceases to inspire us.
· project support – we have shared learning and creative design ideas at our weekly design review meetings which all the team attend and are active contributors to – this has added real strength to our designs.
· technology: it & computers – we have worked hard to achieve some of the most robust it systems and processes of any architectural practice in our sector. we work with bim processes, comprehensive crm models and have access to the best in class of design software to support us in our day to day operations.
· culture & practice: marketing & networking – we have recruited a full time marketing manager and are becoming more widely recognised and adding our voice across the region and our key sectors more than ever before.
· finance & company – our company financial position remains steady and we approach the next twelve months with a strong order book and a healthy pipeline building on the strength of our client relationships.
· human resources – we continue to support our colleagues in achieving their goals, our performance review system is working well and two of our architectural assistants have become fully qualified architects completing their part III in this past year.
· quality & standards: practice & project – we have achieved accreditation for iso 9001 and iso 14001 and continue to evolve our quality assurance procedures in line with best practice.
· project finances – we have
managed our resources across all projects well this year – our fees are very competitive
and we will continue to work hard to deliver profit to the business and value
to our clients.
completed– ritterman building – middlesex university
on site - teal house – henry boot developments/apex contractors
design guide/research document – vision for stations – rail delivery group
project at planning design stage - kew bridge – blocwork jv
we revisited our company vision and values and agreed
that we all stand by these in the way that we approach projects and conduct
· honesty and integrity
· dedication and commitment
· support, nurture and collaboration
the main point on which all agreed was that employee ownership is making a positive difference to the practice. as employees we feel empowered and are valued and actively contributing to the operations and future direction of the business.